Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Magnetic Chalkboard

So, I've decided that we need to do some "preschool" activities now that the little guy is almost 2. So, I laminated a ton of colors, numbers, shapes, letters, etc. I glued magnets to the back. Now all I needed was a place to put all the magnets.

I got the idea from here. (Gotta love pinterest!)

This is simply an oil drip pan, sprayed with chalkboard paint. The oil drip pan can be found in the automotive section of a certain big box retailer for $9.95

I couldn't find the chalkboard spray paint at another big box retailer, they only had the brush on stuff. So, I went to a smaller, hometown hardware store and found it for about $8. I used half the can on other projects and the rest on this project.

So, for under $15, I have a magnetic chalkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment