I made this cute chalkboard for my friend who just bought a new home.
I wanted to do a cute chalkboard for her entryway, but I wanted something creative. So, I went digging at the thrift store and found this adorable plate. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the plate before I taped it. I put painter's tape all over it.
Then I put a plate down and used a pocket knife to cut out the circle.
Then I removed the tape and had a nice circle.
- Spray paint with chalkboard paint. When dry, remove tape.
- I painted the letter and frames.
- Then I mod podged scrapbook paper onto them.
- To get the shapes. I traced them on the back of the paper and cut them out. Then I brushed Mod Podge onto the letters, put the paper on, and then brushed more Mod Podge on top.
- I then super glued the letter onto the plate. After it dried, I super glued the ribbon on the back.
- I was going to attach the picture frames to the plate, but I decided they would look better hanging on the wall.
She loved it!!!